Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Barrister, This is

Customer Question

Hi Barrister, This is xxx xxxxx. You advised me recently regarding the conduct of my attorney. I have just accidentally obtained some new information (via the county of Monroe newspaper) that stinks of conflict of interest. Specifically, the Judge who presided over my case was also in the process of deciding on an adoption case for my ATTORNEY. So in March the Judge decided to allow our attorney to adopt a specific child. No wonder he did not EVER question anything and was so passive. It makes sense now. As a rule my attorney had been fairly aggressive in my favor. I reviewed the documents that comprise the State if Michigan code of Conduct for Judges and Attorneys. It seems to me that I should have been informed of such. We could have easily changed to another JUDGE !!

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello Ray, I think that you might have been working with another expert named Roger on this issue as I don't remember anything about this. I worked with you regarding a $28K payment a judge ordered you to make...With that said, I will opt out and see if I can notify Roger you wanted to continue your discussion with him....thanksBarrister
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are right....I am sorry....yes Roger has been assisting me beyond our original interaction.

I will go ahead and copy paste my question to roger and he can answer at his convenience.

Have a nice evening.