P. Simmons, Lawyer
Experience:  12+ yrs. of experience including real estate law.
11181181

When is the president of a HOA board allowed to act without

Customer Question

When is the president of a HOA board allowed to act without a vote from the board?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** have over 16 years experience in the law. Should you like to chat on the phone I am happy to for a nominal cost. Let me know at any time during our question and answer session if you are interested I am happy to give you more details.The President is bound, just as the board is bound, by the "bylaws" of the corporation. An HOA is simply a non profit corporation. They must, just as any other corporation, act in conformity with their bylaws. So if the bylaws give a president authority to act? The president can exercise that authority. Otherwise, the president has no power to act.Bot***** *****ne: the bylaws of the HOA will dictate the powers of the HOA president.Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.