WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced real estate lawyer and real estate broker.
62735101

We have an ADA issue with a Coldwell Banker Real Estate Broker.

Customer Question

we have an ADA issue with a Coldwell Banker Real Estate Broker. I had entered into a contract with a broker who representated the Seller and the Buyer. I was the Buyer in this transaction. I asked the Broker for all documentation in an accessable format. The broker never complied with my request. I had some descrepancies with Broker over misreprentations. I had asked the broker about contract, and he never informed of the facts or gave me a document that I could read. Now, the Seller had cancelled contract on item that I didn't know was in contract. I was supposed to provide seller certain financial information by a specific date. I was unaware of this. I wanted to find out if there some violations of section 508
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is a violation, and you have a claim against the broker. You can demand restitution from the broker or you can file a claim against the broker with the California Department of Real Estate which issues the broker's license and they will take disciplinary action against the broker and can award you damages. Here is how to file the complaint against broker: http://www.dre.ca.gov/Consumers/FileComplaint.html Please rate the answer 4 or 5 and close out the question. Good luck to you. I wish you all the best.