socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

I asked a fb friend who is a real estate agent to help me find

Customer Question

I asked a fb friend who is a real estate agent to help me find a condo. Sadly I did 99r of the work to find places which she'd then pull up in her db n email to me with additional information. One place I found she scheduled for me to view. I liked it but thought the price was 2 high because it needs a lot of work. She did not like the price I wanted to offer. Tried to dissuade me. She was so reluctant I knew she wouldn't fight to get my offer accepted. I told her thanks for the help but we're done. The condo is still on the market. I'd like to engage another agent or real estate attorney to submit my offer. Would my fb agent be entitled to a fee if my offer is accepted? She doesn't know I'm still interested.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  ScottyMacESQ replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can you tell me if you signed an actual contract or agreed to any contractual terms?
Did you see my follow up question to your issue?
Expert:  socrateaser replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Different contributor here. Please permit me to assist. Unless you signed an agreement with the first agent that she would be entitled to a commission for any property that she showed you, then you are free to retain any other agent of your choice to make an offer to the seller -- including the seller's agent, who can represent both you and the seller in the transaction. I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.Thanks again for using justanswer.com!