Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Is a house abandoned if its deed is in the name of a dead

Customer Question

is a house abandoned if its deed is in the name of a dead owner who left the house ruined and bought property in another town before he died in 2012. the deed is still in the name of "David hafner" Block 30 lot 42,*****Rockaway NJ.
Category: Real Estate Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
If the deed is still in the deceased owner's name it would be important to know if he is the only person named on the deed and if he had a will? Do you know if the deceased owner had a will or if his estate went through the probate process?