Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.
4460311

Greetings, DanThe following are some facts pertaining to

Customer Question

Greetings, Dan
The following are some facts pertaining to my case:
The title for the property in question is solely under the name of Party H (the husband in a ongoing divorce case).
The funds used to purchase said property, however, were put forth by 3 partners "3P," herein). Party H put down NO money and entered into a written agreement with 3P stating that his share of the property is actually 10% despite his being the only name on the title.
Party W (the wife in the aforementioned divorce case) is claiming 50% of property of interest.
Party H's attorney is demanding an obscene amount of money to bring the details of said situation to the court's attention.
What can 3P do in this situation?
Thanks so much in advance!
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Seattle Scott replied 1 year ago.
Do you want an answer from me? Your choices are very limited if you can't hire an attorney.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure; the issue is time sensitive, however, so please respond at your EARLIEST possible convenience.Your valuable time, kind attention, and immediate action are all very sincerely appreciated.
Ok. Can you tell me what the agreement was with the husband? What did he have to do in exchange for his 10%, since he didn't part with any community property funds or any funds at inception. Is this strictly arms length business deal or are the parties related/family? Did H breach the agreement, was he to make some payments or pay some expenses of the property? What is the property?