Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of real estate practice experience.
17897874

My friend gave me a lawn mower gifts in 2009 now he want

Customer Question

My friend gave me a lawn mower for a gifts in 2009 now he want it back he came to live with me 2011 it until 2015 he didn't pay me any rent for 4 years because he became ill so I told him he had to moved that when he said he want his lawn mower back.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I will do whatever I can to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you, but I believe I have information which you will find helpful.
Your friend has no legal right to the mower given to you as a gift. It is your property and you can do with it as you please. You have no legal obligation to return a gift on demand.
I hope this is helpful. If you have more follow up questions please let me know. It is never a problem.
Thank you.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.
Did you have any further questions before you rate my answer?