Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  Mediator, part of the Ohio Save the Dream Foreclosure project

My Mom lives in a 120 unit apartment building, where most of

My Mom lives in a 120 unit apartment building, where most of the people living in the building are senior citizens.
Question: I would like to know what Federal Government and State of California laws protect Seniors Citizens from being abused.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

Primary responsibility for Elder Abuse is with the State. The federal government provide funding for programs to assist the States in dealing with elder abuse. There are federal laws under the Americans with disabilities Act, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act.

Here is a link to the California Elder Abuse Statutes:

Here is a link to the Federal Statutory Authorities:

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).