Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

I had a mortgage with saxson. Which was taken over by ocwen.

I had a mortgage with saxson. Which was taken over by ocwen. I'm being charged $1750 charges associated with saxson which include property inspection, late charges etc. is that legal?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 10 months ago.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

You did not refinance the loan; the loan was merely assigned to OCWEN?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It was taken over. Saxson was part of the subprime leading debacle... So it was taken over by saxson. But if a mortgage was taken over, why was I assessed the property inspection? As if they pick what part they want buy and charge the rest.
Since Ocwen bought out Saxon there should no fees required to be paid you.

Why are they assessing late fees? The only legitimate time for a property inspection would be if there is an issue with your loan.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ocwen reps said I was late with payment when saxson was my service provider. When u are late mort can charge u property inspection fees. Ocwen feels they are not to pay for the incurred charges so I am still responsible. According to ocwen
If you were late they can charge an inspection fee. They have no ability to charge the fee if you were always current.

If you look at a copy of your mortgage documents, there is a provision that states that can charge an inspection fee.

Were you late on a payment?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Yes I was. My question is when a loan is taken over, do they take over everything or can they be selective?

I am sorry I thought your question was whether they could legally charge the fees. I apologize for the confusion on my part.

Can you explain what you mean by taking over everything?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Taking over a loan with all fees associated with it.

They take over your entire account. My question is when were the late fees assessed and did you bring the loan current while Saxon had the loan?

Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience: 25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
Thank you.