Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I bought a time share from Hilton Grand Vacations am I leaglly

I bought a time share from Hilton Grand Vacations am I leaglly bound to pay for maintenance fees and membership fees? I have found out it is worthless after paying them several thousands of dollars.
eh

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney in Tennessee. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : Whether you are obligated to pay these fees depends on whether your timeshare agreement says you do. My guess is that you would most likely be responsible for these fees as that's how timeshares are able to maintain the properties, etc.
Customer:

What would happen if i don't pay

Roger : If you didn't pay, the company would likely sue you for the amount owed or either foreclose on your timeshare.
Customer:

So if they foreclose does this create a credit rating issue for me

Roger : Yes, it would be negatively reported on your credit, and you could be sued for any deficiency (if enough money isn't generated from the sale).
Customer:

Do you have any suggestions on how to out of the contract

Roger : Without legal liability, the only way you could get out is if you sell your timeshare to someone else.
Roger : If you can't do that, there's really no way to walk away without opening yourself up to legal liability.
Roger : Often, the timeshare company will actually help you try to sell your ownership, so that would be the place to start.
Customer:

ok thanks - dumbest move on my part was to buy and not research first!

Customer:

I'll try talking with HGV

Customer:

Good day

Roger : No problem. Glad to help. Please let me know if you have any additional question.