Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

As a landlord am I under an obligation to show the tenant the

As a landlord am I under an obligation to show the tenant the statement for the deposit escrow account
Hello friend. My name is XXXXX XXXXX welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: (1) this is general information only, not legal advice, and, (2) there may be a slight delay between your follow ups and my replies.

1) Is the tenant still living at the property or have they moved out?
2) Has the deposit been sent back to them, and/or minus any withholding for cause?
3) Why do they want to see this, i.e. what are they alleging?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The tenant is still in the the property the lease has another 15 months to run. They have not alleged anything yet

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for the wait.

You may already know this - the landlord must put the security deposit in an escrow account. When returning security deposits of $50 or more, the landlord must include simple interest of 3 percent per year, accrued at six-month intervals from the date the security deposit was paid (1.5 percent every six-month period).

However, for the time that the lease is actually running, there is no right for the tenant to "demand" to see the bank account's statement for the deposit escrow account. So there is no such right, unless the lease contract specifically gives them that right (which I am guessing it does not). Ergo, their request is not valid.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Good luck.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE my answer when we are finished. Kindly rate my answer as one of the top three faces and then submit, as this is how I get credit for my time with you. Rating my answer the bottom two faces does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith. (You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.)