Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

I am in foreclosure and my lender recently sent me something

I am in foreclosure and my lender recently sent me something stating that the IRS informed them that my tax ID does not match what they have on file. Is there any harm in providing correct info to the lender (there is no reason they should not have the correct information in the first place). Is there a way I can send this info directly to the IRS? Lender is asking for a W-9.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

I can understand your concern. You can try to contact the IRS directly. One way or another you would need to supply the information.

The form is provided for you to be able claim the interest on your mortgage.

Please feel free top ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter. It would be my pleasure to continue to assist you.

Thank you for using JA!
Thank you.