Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

HOA received an answer from lawyer regarding HOA common area

HOA received an answer from lawyer regarding HOA common area maintenance. Previous community manager stated rock maintenance around houses was homeowner responsibility. Lawyer says HOA is responsible for this, replacing plants and shrubs and maintaining these items as long they were "installed" by the home builder. Additions or changes by homeowner are homeowner responsibility.

HOA stated this may be their responsibility, but there is not any time requirement. It was even stated that keeping dues down was the only priority.

Am I allowed to get a copy of the Planned Unit Development for my community so that I can check HOA answers to questions? The answers seem to change with time and circumstances.

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question. I'll be glad to assist.
Roger : The PUD should be on file with your county recorder's office per Colorado law ( e1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=Content-Type&blobheadervalue1=inline%3B+filename%3D%22County+Article+6.pdf%22&blobheadervalue2=application%2Fpdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1251731971011&ssbinary=true).
Roger : Thus, you should be able to obtain a copy from the clerk/recorder's office.

There is a lot of html<?> code in your reply. Please resend

Roger : I sent you a web address regarding PUD regulations. I guess that's what you saw.
Roger : The answer is, yes, you should be able to get a copy of your PUD from your local county recorder/clerk's office as they're required to be filed.

I understand. I will look it up and proceed. Thanks.