RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

Can I short sell my house during the redemption (after

Can I short sell my house during the redemption period (after a foreclosure auction) in Minnesota?
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good afternoon. Yes, you certainly can but you would need the permission of the lender, if they are going to accept less then what is owed. During the redemption period, the borrower may also attempt to refinance the home through a new mortgage. Alternately, the borrower may attempt to sell the home in order to take advantage of any equity that he/she has built up in the home, if that is present. If the borrower has been unable to refinance or sell the home after the six-month redemption period, he/she must vacate the property. The bank can reduce the redemption period to just five weeks if the property is abandoned