Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Qualified attorney in private practice including business, family, criminal, and real estate issues.

reference from the last question, sewer backup in home twice,

reference from the last question, sewer backup in home twice, how will that effect the value of the my house? Do I need to get it appraised,
Hello friend,

I hope you are well.

This is subjective and depends on the situation. A value is not a legal matter, but one of market - the invisible hand. One can indeed get an appraisal expert to appraise it again, but you do not have to do so before selling it. It is up to the seller and buyer to come up with a price. The buyer can have their appraisal expert and you can have yours, and in the end, it is up to the two of you to settle on a price.

But, you do not have to appraise it and can simply come up with a price and hope for a buyer.

Gentle Reminder: Please use the REPLY button to keep chatting, or RATE and submit your rating when we are finished.