Lucy, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  JA Mentor
26798026

There is an easement granted to the neighbor to use my lane

There is an easement granted to the neighbor to use my lane to access grain bins that sit on my property. Do I have the right to ask or demand a fee to maintain the easement?

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

The easement itself may say who is required to maintain the area. If it does not say, the neighbor is required to pay for the costs of maintenance, but wouldn't be required to give you any sort of profit beyond that. Also, if you also use that lane, then how much each of you is required to pay will be based on your respective percentages of use. You may want to read the easement to see specifically what it says.

If you have any questions or concerns about what I've written, please reply so that I may address them. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I provide. Otherwise, please rate my service positively so that I get credit for answering your question. Thank you.