Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

In Kentucky, after a property is foreclosed is there anything

In Kentucky, after a property is foreclosed is there anything the previous owner can do to get the property out of their name? The property in question was sold at auction in July and the new owner has yet to record a new Deed. I am paying a required maintenance bill in the mean time.
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

What is the maintenance bill?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is for water drainage or something along those lines. They will not allow me to remove my name because I am still listed as the current owner.

Is this an association?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No, it's from the sewer district.

There is no way to force the new owner to record the deed, however, there may be a way to get your name off of the bill. I believe I worked with you on Illinois question as well.

Are they aware that the property foreclosed and there is a new owner?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, but they have said that they can't do anything while the property is still legally in my name.

You can refuse to pay the amount. You are no longer the owner.

If they tried to pursue a claim against you the evidence would show that the property was sold and a deed conveying title was prepared and provided to the new owner. You may still be on title, however, you are no longer the owner. The sewer district fee runs with the land and not the individual.

Please feel free to ask me any additional questions that you may have with regard to this matter.
Thank you.