Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.
20073497

I had quit my job in lieu of termination and because my boss

I had quit my job in lieu of termination and because my boss felt bad for me, lied on a voe for my wife and I to refinance. I had "quit" on 9/4. The loan company called the day before our alloted time (on 10/14) to cancel the loan and found out I was not employed. My wife and I decided to go to the title company and cancel the loan. My bosses company also found out he signed and are taking action to most likely fire him. I obviously feel bad but what are the ramifications of our actions from a legal stand point both from the loan company and possibly from my ex-employer? Can my ex-employer do something to make my life worse?

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to help in any way that I can,

You and your wife have nothing to worry about because when you filled out the application for the refinance, you were still employed and when they called on October 14, it was to cancel the loan, so with respect to them,they suffered no damages. Had the loan been approved and they later found out that you were not employed, they could have cancelled the loan, that's about it. But, that was not the case, so you have nothing to worry about with respect to the would-be lender. You went to the title company and cancelled the loan, so you did nothing wrong with respect to the title company, either.

Your boss might get in trouble with the employer, but that's about it. The lender cannot do anything to your boss because they suffered no loss since they cancelled the loan and I do not believe that there is anywhere on the paperwork where your boss would have had to swear to anything under oath. But, even if he did, since the loan was cancelled by the lender, they suffered no loss and they would not be able to claim any damages,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,

ANDREA

Good morning, Mike,

Thank you for the positive rating, I appreciate it greatly, If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to let me know and if you have questions in the future, please feel free to ask for me by typing my name at the beginning of your question, like this,

"For Andrea only .........."

Thank you for allowing me to be of service,

Kindest Regards,

ANDREA