RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

my home in new has just sold on court steps, no bids, so the

my home in new has just sold on court steps, no bids, so the bank took it back for 195k....75k less than what they wanted from me,,, the local market tanked 4 years.. ago...
according to my loan paperwork, I have a redemption period of 30 days..
they refused to refi, modify, or restructure my loan while I had a job..

now.. I need to know, 1) can I ask for cash for keys at end of redemption period,... 2) can I negotiate extra time in the house, its becoming cold, I am not well, and I need more time to move.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

Good evening. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Yes, you can certainly ask the lender if they would consider a keys for cash deal, in this situation. You can explain to them that you are lacking the necessarily funds to vacate in a timely manner and if they would be willing to exchange cash for the keys to the home, you can guarantee to leave on an agreed upon date and leave the home in perfect condition. Moreover, you can ask for extra time in the home but you are not likely going to be able to get them to that, as well as the keys for cash deal. The keys for cash deal is a way to get you out of the home faster. They are not going to pay you and then let you stay longer.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.