JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Real Estate Attorney! How may I help you?
16110456

Can HUD sell a house with mold?

Can HUD sell a house with mold?

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service.

Was this an "as is" purchase?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was a foreclosure

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it was a foreclosure...It seems you people are a fraud. I am only willing to pay for and get one answer to one question...I do not need a membership. Please refund any fees you may have collected. I am not interested in your answer.

Do you need anything else? I would be happy to answer your question. While I do not handle any charges, I do not believe there is any requirement for a membership.

Please let me know.

Thank you for your patience
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I only have one question: Can HUD sell a foreclosed house with mold in it?

I can assist you with that question. The answer is a bit more complicated than whether the home is allowed to be sold.

When a home is sold in such a situation it is sold "as is." The house may not be livable and there is no promise the home is up to code or safe. The exception would be if a representative of HUD knew of this material defect, assuming the mold is that serious. In that instance, the buyer's recourse would be a civil suit. The difficult aspect is that this is going to require an attorney and significant legal expenses that would likely cost more that the cost to remedy the mold issue.

Please let me know.

Thank you for your patience