J. Warren
J. Warren, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience in residential real estate and commercial leases.

Can 2, 90 year olds be forced from their home in Jackson NJ.

Can 2, 90 year olds be forced from their home in Jackson NJ. They own it & all bills are paid. They were taken to Kimball Med. center Lakewood NJ. It took me 3 days to find them.
It's a long story but that's the jist.

Hello! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping and providing information to you today.

I am very sorry you are dealing with this situation. Unfortunately under certain circumstances Adult Protective Services ("APS") can force someone out of their home it they deem that persons welfare is in jeopardy. And to add insult to injury APS does not always use its best judgment in matters such as these as you have witnessed.

What needs to happen is a review of the letter your Aunt received from an Elder Law attorney and the facts of the matter need to be brought to an Elder Law attorney to
determine the best course of action to assist your Aunt. This may include you filing a petition with the court to be named as her guardian.

Here are resources for you to obtain names of lawyers quickly to help assist you clear up this matter and if possible get your Aunt back in her home and you or someone that can be trusted to act on her behalf. The New Jersey State Bar Association has a lawyer referral service:

In addition, and are websites that provide
contact information as well as ratings for lawyers in your Aunt's area.

All my best & encouragement.

Please note that you are asked to rate my courtesy and professionalism, and not
whether the answer supports your legal position. If for any reason you feel that a 2 or 1 rating is appropriate, please first give me the opportunity to address your concerns.

All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you.