Jack R.
Jack R., Lawyer
Experience:  Mediator, part of the Ohio Save the Dream Foreclosure project
14472836

Maryland. I rent a farm house, I have lived here for 13 years.

Maryland. I rent a farm house, I have lived here for 13 years. Recently my landlord has given other people written permission to hunt here. He has never done this before. I have children and I do not like having hunters here that I do not know personally nor am I aware of when they are here. can my landlord give permission to others to hunt here. Who (myself, or landlord) should be giving the written permission for anyone to hunt the property.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Jack R. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today.

I need a little more information. Is hunting being done on land that is part of the lease or rental agreement.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes all the same property, but my rental agreement does not have any mention of hunting or hunting rights. it is very simple all together. it was written 13 yrs ago when I moved in and we've never had any issues. I have always given the permission for hunting. He told me a few yrs ago he just wouldn't give that kind of permission to anyone. he is old, when I mentioned that conversation he said he had forgotten, but now he thinks its best he take on the responsibility. my concern is not only that I don't know these people, but my son is 15 and likes to hunt - I should know anyone out there and when they are there

Expert:  Jack R. replied 1 year ago.

If your lease agreement includes the land the hunters are the landlord cannot give them permission to be on that land. If necessary you can file a lawsuit against the landlord to prevent any hunting on your property. All leases come with guarantees or covenant which protect lessee from interference with the use of their property and the right to full enjoyment of their leased property. You can get an injunction which is a court order to prevent further violations of your rights to the leased property. You can also exact payment from the land for the time the hunters have been on your property.

Please accept my answer with a rating of 3 or better so I may get credit for my response. If you have follow up questions please ask. Please note that paying the deposit does not cause funds to be disbursed until you rate my response (3 or greater).

Jack R., Lawyer
Experience: Mediator, part of the Ohio Save the Dream Foreclosure project