Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Own a campground for 40 yrs sewer system was put in 45 yrs

Own a campground for 40 yrs sewer system was put in 45 yrs ago a small proportion of the campground 10 sites system put in first before the rest of the system was put in . It failed. The town seo says we must comply with the new laws on all the campground system. We must go from 300 sites to 190 and limit the sewer flow to 5280 gal per day. The new law chapter 73 the 5280 works out to 27 gal per site. State pa. County Monroe
Carl. Over 5280 gal per day we will be fine 500. Per day. After 7 days of going over the 5280 gal per day they will sut us down
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

I have reviewed your post. However, I did not see a question. What is your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question can I shut down 10 sites that created the problem . The sites were put in when the campground was stared and never attacted to the rest of the campground. 45 yrs ago . They are saying We must comply to 27 gals per site for the rest of the camground 190 sites 5250 gals per day = 27.7 per site. We can live with this except went we fill. Swiming pools wash revs water lawns. I have no problem working with town I just think 27.7 gals per site should be 40 gal
S per site also we must put in a new system for the 10 sites at a flow of 100 gals per site for the 10 sites in question. The campground has never had problem with its sewer system in 45 yrs we had a very bad guy camping flooded the system and then called the town this guy went home to Georgia and shot his wife daughter himself
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question if we go over the 5250 gals per day they will fine us 500.00 per day for each day we are over. After 7 times they will shut us down We have had revs brake a pipe go home by the time we fine out days go by like the bad guy. Is it legal for a town to impose this tipe of restriction. On a sewer system that has been running good for 40 yrs. we are a small family own campground. They have already changed our campground zoning to preferred solar farm if this agreement is legal on the sewer system I will sign if you agree. I know they all know at 73 yrs of age they think I will just quick

Thank you for getting back to me:

Response 1: Yes, you can. However, if you go over the required gallons per day, you would be fined. Before you do so, you need to make sure that the Town is okay with it. Get the name of the person that you speak with just in case the Town denies that they approved you shutting down 10 sites to comply with the Town's requirement.

Question if we go over the 5250 gals per day they will fine us 500.00 per day for each day we are over. After 7 times they will shut us down We have had revs brake a pipe go home by the time we fine out days go by like the bad guy.

Response 2
: Yes. The Town can fine you and shut you down, unfortunately.

Is it legal for a town to impose this tipe of restriction. On a sewer system that has been running good for 40 yrs. we are a small family own campground. They have already changed our campground zoning to preferred solar farm if this agreement is legal on the sewer system I will sign if you agree. I know they all know at 73 yrs of age they think I will just quick

Response 3: Unfortunately, yes the Town can impose this type of restrict to avoid overwhelming the municipal sewer system.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.