Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My husband and I have a renter in a condo we own in Palm Springs

My husband and I have a renter in a condo we own in Palm Springs California. We gave him a 1 yr lease where he pays $1000.00 a month and reimburses me for the utilities. I send him every month, by text how much they are. To date he hasn't paid but for 2 months. He's been in there since May 22nd of this year.
Can I legally now put them in his name?
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Is the payment of utilities by the Tenant specifically stated on the lease?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, under the "Utilities" in the contract it states that: Renter shall pay all utilities incurred during their stay at the above premises. Utilities refers to water and electricity. Failure to pay will immediately void this contract.
Thank you for the information:

Your Question:

Can I legally now put them in his name?

Response: Yes, you can ONLY if the utilities companies allow you to do so. Generally, the utilities companies would need the consent of the Tenant in order to change the name on the accounts to the Tenant's.