LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.

What is the length of statute of limitations on business f

What is the length of statute of limitations on business fraud
Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under IL law, 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. 5/13-205, and supporting case law, McCarter v. State
Farm Mut. Auto. Ins. Co
., 130 Ill. App. 3d 97, 100, the statute of limitations for fraud is five years.

However, the period of time does not begin to run until the aggrieved party learns of, or should have learned of, the fraud or resultant damage.

You may reply back to me again if you have additional questions, and I will continue to assist you.

I wish you the best in your future,

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Hal. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

I welcome you to request my assistance in any future legal questions you may have, by simply placing my name in the first sentence of your new question.

Thanks again.

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.