Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
A new question is answered every 9 seconds, just bought property from them. Contract says

This answer was rated:, just bought property from them. Contract says must honor leases. There is a five year lease. The building is not permitted. May we evict and move in ourselves - as owners?
Welcome and thank you for your question. I will be the professional that will be assisting you.

The building is not permitted. Permitted for a rental?

Where is the property located in California?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Two buildings on the property. One has a lease on it. That one was built without a permit from Humboldt County.

You have three questions opened. Did you intend to work with three different attorneys?

If the rental is on a property without a valid permit the lease may be unenforceable. Do you have a copy of the lease?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Not yet . . . and it just happened that I opened new windows . . . this is my first time with this and getting an idea how it works . . . do not have the lease yet . . . as I am not allowed to contact the current owner until after the close.

I would love to see that lease. If the contract states that you need to honor any leases there may be legal ramifications for violating the terms of the agreement.
Thank you.