Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

The judge order that the wife must refinance the house in six

The judge order that the wife must refinance the house in six months, if not I can put it on the market for sale. What I want to know can I refinance the home after six months?
Thank you for your question. I look forward with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you want to keep the house and the court order states as you say above, you would have to file a Motion for an Order to Show Cause for Contempt to ask the court for them to turn the house over to you for you to refinance. You need court approval and you would ask the court to allow you to have the house and refinance in lieu of you putting it up for sale as in your order as you cited above. If you want the house and want to refinance it that is what you have to do.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

This is NOT the practice of law nor is it legal advice to you, it is merely educational information for you to use to seek out a licensed attorney in your state to get actual legal advice from them. Please use sites such as http://www.martindale.com or http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org to find a local attorney to get actual legal advice in all matters.