Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

Can you help me on timing? This is in the Western District

Can you help me on timing? This is in the Western District of Arkansas. The court's order states that I had 14 days from the date of the order to file my Motion for Leave to File a Belated Response. I did so, last Monday, Sept. 23. The order then says that the defendant has 5 days to file a response. When is that 5 days up? Was it Saturday, or is it today? (the defendant is on electronic filing.)
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 3 years ago.

Roger : Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. Thanks for your question.
Roger : If the deadline falls on a Saturday or Sunday, the deadline falls to the next business day.