JBaxLaw
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Real Estate Attorney! How may I help you?
16110456

I am currently in an apt. Signed a 6 month lease (March -

I am currently in an apt. Signed a 6 month lease (March - August), Did not renew the lease as I am purchasing a home under construction. In July, I provided them with a 60 day notice to vacate, and then rented September at a month-to-month to month rate. I was given poor mortgage advice and now I am having to go through a different mortgage company and so the closing is being pushed back 3 weeks. My apt complex is telling me I have to be out on 9/30 (the date I gave on the vacate form) as they have already rented the apartment. Do I have any rights to stay?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 11 months ago.

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. A tenant is obligated to comply the date they stated they would vacate, but the landlord cannot force them out after that date without first. The eviction process may take weeks to remove the tenant.

Please follow-up with me as needed. This is intended to be an ongoing dialogue until you are satisfied. I rely on positive service ratings and bonuses to provide information at this site. I would really appreciate a positive service rating.

Thank you
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

So, extenuating circumstances do not mean anything. If I provide them with a letter explaining the circumstances and a check for next month's rent, would that help in any way?

Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 11 months ago.
Circumstances do not matter. If rent is accepted, that typically does help as the landlord has then agreed to lease to you for that month.

Thank you
JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Experienced Real Estate Attorney! How may I help you?
Expert:  JBaxLaw replied 11 months ago.
Thank you so much for allowing me to assist you.

Please let me know if you need any other assistance. Thank you for leaving me a positive rating and ensuring that I receive credit for assisting you.

Thank you again