Andrea, Esq.
Andrea, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  I have practiced law for 25 yrs. with an emphasis on real estate, business law, criminal defense and family law.

I was gifted with a lot on a man made lake many years ago by

I was gifted with a lot on a man made lake many years ago by my mother-in-law. I have never seen this property, have no interest in it whatsoever, and have to pay taxes and 'association' fees every year.The development company went bankrupt and had an absolute auction. We have placed ads in the association newsletter to no avail. How do I unload this white elephant?

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be glad to assist you,

Since you have not been able to sell it, probably the only way to get it off your hands is to stop paying the taxes on the property. It will only be a matter of time before the municipality's taxing authority will seize the property and sell it at a Tax Sale. It will not appear on your credit report as a foreclosure because it is not a foreclosure,

Please be kind enough to rate Excellent Service" so that I receive credit for assisting you, it will not cost you anything additional to give me a positive rating, and that is the only way I can receive credit, Thank you for understanding,

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, Please rate a 10 as it gives me a greater opportunity to assist other customers on this website and is greatly appreciated,

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you,