Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

Hey. So we recently tried to buy a house but backed out as

Hey. So we recently tried to buy a house but backed out as I had recently talked I you about. I just wanted to touch up in a few things... We were told she was very upset and going to sue us well she ended up signing the mutual release form due to the fact that she was selling her house to a new buyer..we got served papers saying she's wanting to sue us for the 3 months that we were trying to buy the house for a total of around 7000$.. Should we get a lawyer?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 10 months ago.
Hello: This is PhillipsEsq. I am a licensed Attorney and I will be assisting you today.

Response: You should. You need a real estate litigation Attorney to assist you with the case. However, if you signed a mutual release, which releases each party from further claims, I am not sure what the lawsuit is going to accomplish. Make sure you get a copy of the release that you signed. That would be the only thing that you would need to defend this lawsuit.

Your Attorney should be able to review the release to see if there is any issue with it as far as doing what it is supposed to do: that is, shield you from future lawsuit such as the one that the Seller just brought.

You can use the following sites to find local real estate litigation Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

May I ask why you gave me a negative rating for specifically answering the question that you asked?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Didn't mean to do so. :( sorry
Thank you for getting back to me.

Kindly rate this one positively to cancel the last one.

Thank you!
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience: B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.