Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  17 years of legal experience including real estate law.

Hi Tina, I was working with BOA on a Deed of Lieu and the loan

Hi Tina, I was working with BOA on a Deed of Lieu and the loan was sold out to Nationstar and after all the work I just dont have the time to start over. I file Bankruptcy 2010 on the home but moved this summer for work. Can I just write them and tell them to move to foreclosure. Also I had insurance on the home but since the selling they notified my insurance company and they canceled the policy. Cant find anyone to insure.

Hello and welcome.

I am very sorry to hear of your difficult situation. Before I can give you an accurate answer to your question, please provide the following additional information:

Is the new lender aware that you filed for bankruptcy protection in 2010? They have assigned your account to a debt collection agency but have not foreclosed on the property yet?

I look forward to assisting you as soon as I have received this information. Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They acknowledge that the loan is in Bankruptcy but still sending me a bill for late payments. All the informato BOA has was to be given to them but it seems they have not done homework.

I see. Thank you for providing this additional information, Mark.

Yes, I would typically inform them to foreclose and remind them that your personal liability on this debt was discharged in bankruptcy so you are therefore requesting that they cease demanding payment from you or you intend to pursue legal action for harassment.

It does not sound as though there is any basis for them to demand payment from you and if they continue, you may wish to report them to the FTC and state consumer protection agency for possible investigation.

I hope this helps clarify the situation for you. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate my service when I have answered your questions so I will be compensated for my time assisting you. Thank you!

Thank you very much for your positive rating of my service. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope you will ask for me should a future legal need arise.

If you receive a Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please consider scoring me a 9 or 10. It benefits my ability to assist you and other customers, and would be tremendously appreciated.

Thanks again and all the best to you.

Note: Please feel free to request me if you have future legal questions by typing your new question in the question box on my profile page. Here is a link to that page, which you can bookmark or add to your favorites: I look forward to hearing from you again should the need arise.