RealEstateAnswer
RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases
9540344

In reviewing the section you quoted me, I have only one last

In reviewing the section you quoted me, I have only one last question.

"Each of the following persons shall be made a party to the action:
1. Every person having an undivided share, in possession or otherwise,
in the property, as tenant in fee, for life, by the curtesy or for
years;

What is meant by an undivided share? Does this benefit my sister and I, who together own 2/3rd and we are not afraid to use it!
My niece and nephew have inherited their mothers 1/3. I understand this to mean that I own 1/3, LaVerne (my sister) owns 1/3 and jewel and Jason share 1/3.
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

An undivided interest in real property means that you have the right to the use and possession of the whole property even though you own only a proportionate interest. It does not give you or your sister any benefit, just that you may hold a large portion. If they took their mothers share, their 1/3 interest may be split, with each having 1/6.