Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney
Experience:  Helping you with your legal questions.

my son is 60 on ssd and was told he must be out by Oct 1.

my son is 60 on ssd and was told he must be out by Oct 1. There are 2 other tenants in this low income housing one of which he has a cordial relationship with and the other (a bit paranoid) says that since my son moved in, several months ago he has been missing mail and my son is taking pictures of him! This is all because my son asked him to be a little quieter at night. I am an 88 year old woman. My son is waiting for a date for openheart surgery and will be homeless. Any advice will be appreciated. Please note that we are barely able to get by.I have a reverse mtge and live in a small condo and cannot take him in. I'm desperate. Rita
Hi Rita and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. I am happy to help.

FIrst, your son does not have to move immediately unless there is a court order. In other words, if it is just the tenants or the landlord telling him he has to move without a court order, then he does not have to move. So there is time.

Because your son is on disability, you may want to attempt to contact a state or local agency that helps disabled adults. Or possibly there is a legal services agency where you live that he call contact to help him.

In any event, nothing can happen to him without a court order and after he has the right to be heard by the court.

If you need clarification, or want to clarify your question, or have a follow up question, please let me know. Thank you, Damien
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much time will he be given in the event the court decides against him . He has not received written notice to this date only adamant demand that he will be evicted. How long can this process take. His openheart surgery at St Francis hospital is coming up shortly. He will have no place to go. As I mentioned I am 88 and have a reverse mtge on my small mcondo. Having him, even on a couch would be like putting a bandaid on a cancer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have NOT been given an answer to "You replied". 2013 11:20 AM EST

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I replied to the answer and asked for further clarification and did not reeive it. I asked how much time would my son have if the court would go against him.
Hi there:

I apologize, I was working with another client. You son would have at least 3 months if the court would rule against him. f you have further follow up questions, please let me know.

Please, provide a positive rating to this answer so to remove the negative rating. I am trying to help you.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You must forgive me because at age 88 I am not as I used to be in the brain department. I do not recall, nor did you ask me whether my son has a lease. He does not. I will be happy to give you a good rating. Rita

Hi Rita: I figured he did not have a lease. Like I said, there is some time. Try contacting legal services or an agency that helps disable persons. If you have follow up questions, let me know. Thank you, Damien
Hi Rita:

I just want to thank you for giving me a positive rating. I am here to help you in the future also. You can request me by name the next time and I will be notified. Also, you can bookmark my profile and ask me a question that way. Here is the link:

Either way, I am always happy to help.

Best Regards!

Damien Bosco