Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

i recently won a bid for a HUD home only to be told the real

i recently won a bid for a HUD home only to be told the real estate agent made an mistake in the bid submission and HUD retracted the award. Do I HAVE ANY LEGAL RECOURSE?

Yes, you have legal recourse. You have a possible claim against the Realtor under the Errors and Omissions coverage that they normally carry. It covers damages arising from a negligent error or omission on their part. Depending on how long ago this happened you might still have an opportunity to bid for the property again since it will have to go through the whole HUD selling procedure again. Have the Realtor look into submitting your bid again. IOW, you could still end up getting that house.

I hope that this information is helpful. If not, and you need further information, please do not rate this Answer and just send me a Reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.