Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer- Broker 30+years - foreclosure, short sale, liens, title attorney.

In CA with the FTB charging a minimum of $800 a year per LLC,

In CA with the FTB charging a minimum of $800 a year per LLC, does it make sense to hold title to rental properties valued at about $500k each in separate LLCs or shoud we just carry several million in Insurance?

IMO, carry the insurance. The LLC only provides you protection if you are willing to give up a half million dollar property in a lawsuit. The annual LLC fee plus associated bookkeeping to keep the LLC looking legit is not worth it.

I hope that this information is helpful. If not, and you need further information, please do not rate this Answer and just send me a Reply asking for clarification. After that, I hope you will enter a positive rating so that I will be compensated for assisting you. Also, be sure to verify this information with a local attorney who is familiar with your local laws and procedures. Thanks again for using Pearl.Com- Just Answer. Your business is appreciated.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your opinion.