Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in General Practice, Real Estate Law and Estate Law.
68197583

To Leslieesq. Extension of my previous question. Does it matter

To Leslieesq. Extension of my previous question. Does it matter than the loan servicer is different right now. The previous servicer had filed the foreclosure and now there is a new one. Also, I do not even think neither hold the note.
Hello and thank you for your question.

The prior server can initiate the action and as long as the new lender received a proper assignment they can continue the action. It does matter that neither hold the note.

It sounds like you may be in a MERS situation. A forensic audit of your title and loan documents may in order to establish that neither has standing to bring the foreclosure.
Thank you.