LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years legal experience. Additionally, in CA I held a Real Estate Broker's license.
15277592

Is there a way to find out if my neighbor has a certificate

Is there a way to find out if my neighbor has a certificate of occupany for a structure on their property?

Good afternoon Julie,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

All you need do is go down to your local building department and pull the permit and inspection records for the neighbor's property. There will be ab indication in the file whether a CO was ever issued on the property.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

If you have additional questions, you may reply back to me using the Reply to Expert link and I will be happy to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

I wish you the best in your future.

Doug

Thank you for your positive rating of my service, Julie. It has been my pleasure to assist you and I hope than you will ask for me on JustAnswer should a future need ever arise. I am generally available at least 6 days a week, and often 7, and it would be my privilege to assist you again in the future.

Please feel free to bookmark the following link so you can request me to answer any future legal questions you may have, or simply ask for me by name in the first sentence of your new question:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-lawtalk/

Thanks again.

Doug

When you receive your Customer Satisfaction Survey from JustAnswer, please do rate me highly (9-10) there as well. It would be tremendously appreciated.