JBaxLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced Real Estate Attorney! How may I help you?

I belong to a Master community in Minnesota. A master board

I belong to a Master community in Minnesota. A master board with three sub board associations. The Master board serves to support all common areas of the community. They are bullies. Can we as the townhome board sign our own contracts for lawn care and snow removal? We control our own budget and assessements.
[email protected]

I am a professional here to assist you. I appreciate your use of this service. In order to shift the authority for contracting for services from the master board, the governing documents would need to be altered. You would need the master board to delegate this authority to a committee in each of the smaller boards, as one option to achieve your goal. If they are unwilling, you would need to lobby the other owners in the entire community to address this issue by removal of problem members of the board. You can speak at the next meeting of the board on the issue and speak with other owners informally.

Please take a moment to leave a positive service rating. I would appreciate it. I rely on these ratings to provide this information. Please follow-up as needed.

Thank you