Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

If a special meeting is called for the purpose to remove the

If a special meeting is called for the purpose to remove the current board, what is the percentage of homeowner votes required to remove the board? Is that percentage of all the homeowners, or only the ones who vote on this matter? Thanks
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

Unless your bylaws specify a different percentage, the removal of a director or the whole board requires the same percentage of votes that it took to elect the board. Thus, if they were elected by a simple majority of members present at a meeting, then that is all it takes to remove them unless the bylaws state something different.

Here are the Texas Codes:

Business Organization Code, Title 2,Chapter 22 Non Profit, Subchapter E.,
Section.22.211. REMOVAL OF DIRECTOR. (a) A director of a corporation may be removed from office under any procedure provided by the certificate of formation or bylaws of the corporation.
(b) In the absence of a provision for removal in the certificate of formation or bylaws, a director may be removed from office, with or without cause, by the persons entitled to elect, designate, or appoint the director. If the director was elected to office, removal requires an affirmative vote equal to the vote necessary to elect the director.

Vernon's Texas Civil Statutes Chapter 9
Article 1396-2.15
D. A director may be removed from office pursuant to any procedure therefor provided in the articles of incorporation or by-laws. In the absence of a provision providing for removal, a director may be removed from office, with or without cause, by the persons entitled to elect, designate, or appoint the director. If the director was elected to office, removal requires an affirmative vote equal to the vote necessary to elect the director.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.