TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

suntrust sold home loan to another investor and that investor

suntrust sold home loan to another investor and that investor used Maryalnd address in Cooperate deed of assignment as their address, when I checked with SDAT office that investor entity was not registered they were only registered in California. is it legal for them to use address in Maryland when they are not registered to do business in Maryland....
please let me know the answer... also what is called houseTitle ... Does it means who owns the home or under what name house is recorded in land recordation office.?
Hello and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you.

Q: is it legal for them to use address in Maryland when they are not registered to do business in Maryland....
A: That wouldn't be a problem for the investor. First and foremost, even if the investor incorrectly used a Maryland address, that would have no effect on the investor's ownership of the note, or the investor's right to foreclose. Second, the address used was most likely that of a designee to, in some fashion, act on behalf of the investor.

Q: also what is called houseTitle ... Does it means who owns the home or under what name house is recorded in land recordation office.?
A: This refers to the recorded name in the land records. Usually, the owner is the recorded name, but it's possible that there exists an unrecorded deed.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied. Also, your positive feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for using our service!

If you would like to direct additional legal questions to me in the future, then please type "To VAMD" in the subject line of your question.