Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  28 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.

CA. Foreclosure law question. Im told that as of January

CA. Foreclosure law question.
I’m told that as of January 2013 there was a law put in the place that if there’s any loan modifications going on that the bank is not allowed to foreclose on the homeowner during that time.
Please for me pertaining to this law thank you

Hello and thank you for your question.

Are you referring to the California Homeowner Bill of Rights that went into effect January 1, 2013?

"Restriction on dual track foreclosure: Mortgage servicers are restricted from advancing the foreclosure process if the homeowner is working on securing a loan modification. When a homeowner completes an application for a loan modification, the foreclosure process is essentially paused until the complete application has been fully reviewed."

Thank you very much.