RealEstateAnswer, Lawyer
Experience:  9+ years in handling Leases, Landlord-Tenant, Foreclosures,Mortgages, and Eviction cases

I have had my home foreclosed on. We have now been served

I have had my home foreclosed on.
We have now been served with Eviction Summons (residential, Post-Foreclosure) on 8-7-2013.
They are asking for a written response by 8-26-2013.
I am just looking for information as to the time frames that I have to leave the home.
I am not going to protest the eviction.
I am moving most items out of the home on 8-24-2013 and thereafter.
How many days do I have left before the Sheriff comes.
I am moving out now, but have a shop to move with many items which may take a few weeks.
Thank you,
Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help solve your problem.

I certainly understand the situation and your concern. Once a final judgment and writ is entered against you and you are served with it, you will likely have 72 hours to vacate. If you fail to do so, the Sheriff will physically remove you. If you fail to file an answer/response, you will be defaulted and the landlord/owner will obtain a judgment. If the response is first due on the 26th, it is likely that the failure to response will allow the plaintiff to obtain a judgment and writ within a few days thereafter. That based with the 72 hour notice after being served, could give you roughly between 7-10 days. In a situation like this, it is best to respond and file an answer. You can ask the court for additional time or see if the owner will agree upon a day to vacate, so you do not have to fear the sheriff showing up.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above, prior to rating me. Also, please remember to rate my service with 3, 4, or 5 faces/stars, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two faces/stars on the left, please STOP and reply to me via the "REPLY TO EXPERT or CONTINUE CONVERSATION "button. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.