socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)
10097515

Can a one-qtr owner of 200 acres of timberland force other

Can a one-qtr owner of 200 acres of timberland force other owners to allow cutting of timber as beetle problems and Forrest fire problems are very possible?
Hello and thank you for your question. I am not sure what you mean when you say force them to allow. Do you mean can one owner get a court order to require them to cut timber
due to beetle problems?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes

If your interests in jointly-owned property are threatened by the inaction of other owners, then you can sue the other owners for "voluntary waste." This is a legal term for acts by a person which operate to destroy real estate property value.

Alternatively, you could contact the California Board of Forestry and Fire Protection, and see if they can offer any assistance.
socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience: Attorney and Real Estate broker -- Retired (mostly)

I am happy that you received an answer. I apologize that I was not able to respond while they locked the question. The California Board of Forestry should be able to offer assistance.

Thank you for using JA!