Attyadvisor
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
68197583

I live in a condex with a shared driveway. My kids like to

I live in a condex with a shared driveway. My kids like to drive their jeeps in this shared driveway. My neighbor is telling me they can't do it and need to understand boundaries. Does he really have a legal right?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Attyadvisor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. Is your driveway a limited common area?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The driveway adjacent to each unit, and the land on which it is situated, are also LCA to the unit served, Any LCA not specifically designated with a unit number onthe plans is LCA to the unit to which it is contiguous. each LCA is owend in common by the owners, but it is restricted to the use and benefit of the unit which it serves. -- we do not have a front yard just a big parking lot in front -doors in the middle and garage on each side- My kids just want to drive their bikes or jeeps once in awhile and my neighbor says they can't. We share a driveway what can I do or say?

I would need to see the rule that he believes is being violated. Can you tell me what your rules and regulations state with regard to use of the limited common areas? Generally all owners share in the use of these areas unless there is a rules to the contrary.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I don't see any rules on that. Thank you for helping me.

If you do not see anything in the rules your neighbor needs to show you where this is stated. In the absence of a rule that is being violated I don't see that your children are violating any rules.
Attyadvisor, Attorney
Experience: 25 years of experience in general practice, real estate law and estate law.
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Would the rule " no one shall place or cause to be placed in any.. driveway, parking area, and any common area, bicycles, furniture,. These areas shall be used only for normal transit through them, or where appropriate, vehiclular parking in them? My kids are in transit.

As long as you are not storing bikes and furniture in the driveway, parking area or common areas and they are in transit, they are not violating the rule.