Roger, Lawyer
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I am a Regus renter and after several months of demanding explanation

I am a Regus renter and after several months of demanding explanation for charges ( they took about 14k out of my account without authorization) they still refuse to explain. I contacted my bank and removed the charges and moved out as did others who were renting and had the same prolem, and I have advised them that I will no longer pay their unexplained exorbitant fees that were not listed in contract and I would be leaving august 1st, 2013.
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Hi - my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm a Real Estate litigation attorney. I'll be glad to assist.

I'm assuming this was a commercial space (let me know if that's correct). Also, please let me know what your question regarding this situation is.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, yes, it's a commercial space and I had leased it for one year. Managers switched and I quickly incurred huge fees. They took about three months to answer me and when they did they still did provide a breakdown of fees. My husband told them we were leaving August 1 and we would to be returning. Iam concerned they will sue. Many other renters left as well but I have a legitimate business and don't ENT any problems.
Expert:  Roger replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the information.

The best way to combat a suit if you were sued is to claim that they breached the contract and you cancelled (instead of you being the party that breached the agreement). If they took out more money that you agreed to, etc., that would be a breach that you could claim; also if you demanded an accounting and they failed to provide that, you could claim that as a breach as well.

Thus, the best defense is an offense, and if you can claim that the company breached the lease, that's the best way to avoid liability. So, reviewing the lease with an attorney (if possible) to get your game plan together IF you're sued and be ready to respond and file a counterclaim is the best thing you can do in a situation like this.
Roger, Lawyer
Experience: BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters