Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  14 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 24+ years
19958803

In Oregon, my son has been served an eviction notice (2 months

In Oregon, my son has been served an eviction notice (2 months behind). The apt manager told me the court date is Aug 21st, but if he paid total due now it would not go to court. I'm sure it would show up on his credit report, but not as an eviction, right? He's out fighting wildfires now so I'm trying to figure this out for him. I would have to pay with my credit card and have him pay me back, and I'm currently unemployed with my own debt, however I own my home and car, and ID hate to see this mess him up for years. Your thoughts?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.
.
I have been a landlord for over 24 years and can help answer your questions..
.
I'm sure it would show up on his credit report, but not as an eviction, right?
.
Unless an actual eviction case is filed, it wouldn't show up in any civil background or credit check. Further, unless the landlord has affirmatively contacted the credit agencies and reported him as delinquent, there is no way for them to know about this. They typically get their information from the court records.
.
If he is out fighting fires, I would assume he is being paid to do so and could forward money to you to reimburse you for the rent if you fronted the money for him.
.
However, even though it is your son, I would suggest you get something in writing that states he agrees to repay you the money so you have legal evidence in case he doesn't and you have to actually take legal action.
.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So it is true that he must pay up right away and he cannot make payments to the landlord, yes?

Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.
Correct, the landlord doesn't have to accept anything less than full payment if he doesn't want to. He might, so it wouldn't hurt to ask, but he would be under no legal obligation do to so.
.
Thanks
Barrister, Lawyer
Experience: 14 years real estate, Realtor. Landlord 24+ years