Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney practicing landlord-tenant, land use and other real estate law and litigation.
10285032

i am in texas. i leased a vehicle for my daughter. she is the

i am in texas. i leased a vehicle for my daughter. she is the secondary leasee. she has the vehicle and has quit making payments to me, 3 so far. i have made all payments as required. she has become estranged from the family. do i have the right to take possession of the vehicle without notice?
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking.

If you are the primary lessee, then you have rights to take the vehicle without any notice to the secondary lessee. You can take the vehicle at any time with proof you are the primary lessee as long as you can take it without creating any disturbance of the peace.

I truly aim to please you as a customer, but please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.