CalAttorney2, Lawyer
Experience:  I am a civil litigation attorney with experience representing HOAs, homeowners, businesses and others in real estate matters.

This question is for my 72 year old grandmother, she has two

This question is for my 72 year old grandmother, she has two properties in Butler county, Ohio. One property "619" she let it go to foreclosure and it finally went to court now at the vary end of the court decisions someone included "615" which is the home she lives in free and clear as part of the "remedy". So, too the questions does she have to move out of her freecand clear home? Two, how long does she have to get out? We found everything out online and nothing has been mailed or the sheriff hasn't came yet. Does it make a difference if she has Hospice in-home care?
Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 3 years ago.

CalAttorney2 :

Dear Customer, thank you for choosing Just Answer. I would like to assist you with your question today.

CalAttorney2 :

I am sorry to learn of this matter. There are varying stages in the process to obtain possession of a debtor's property following a judgment. Your mother cannot be forced to leave the property until after the property has been sold at auction and ultimately the buyer forces her to leave (if she waits until the very last, she can force the buyer to file an unlawful detainer action against her, then have the sheriff evict her, which takes even more time).

CalAttorney2 :

Your mother may exempt her real property in the amount up to $139,200.00 (the Ohio homestead exemption), meaning that if her home costs up to or less than that, it cannot be taken to satisfy a debt. Also, if it is sold to satisfy a debt, she will receive at least that amount out of the proceeds of the sale (this is usually a deterrent on sales to satisfy debts due to the cost of administering the sale).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks. Thats a great relief.