Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 30 years dealing in real estate
8534270

What is the best way to sell a timeshare?

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.There are several options.

RayAnswers :

The first is to use a BBB rated A+ reseller..The BBB looks at many things like tim ein business, number of transactions, complaints, etc.

RayAnswers :

Give me a minute will get you an example.

RayAnswers :

An example..

RayAnswers :

The other options here are timeshare donation--you donate it to them and at least you are out from under the maintenance fees.

RayAnswers :

Here are some of those..

RayAnswers :

Finally many folks use Ebay as a do it yourself means to resell it.

RayAnswers :

Your first step here is to contact the timeshare and ask about procedures and fees associated with a resale at that timeshare, then you will know what fees and documents needed for a closing especially if you resell it yourself.

RayAnswers :

Reference.

RayAnswers :

Here are their current listings.

RayAnswers :

More resellers remember to cross check against BBB ratings.

RayAnswers :

Anyone selling or reselling a timeshare professionally has to have a real estate license in Florida so that offers you additional protection.You can check their licensure status here.

RayAnswers :

You may contact the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes, Bureau of Timeshares at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor additional information.

RayAnswers :

That way you know whether they are licensed and in good standing in Florida befoer you sign up with them to resell as well as checking their BBB rating.

RayAnswers :

I appreciate the chance to provide you the information you asked for.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

Summary: Three options here are a BBB A+ rated reseller in good standing , Ebay , or timeshare donation through donateacause or others.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.