Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  Texas Attorney for 29 years dealing in real estate
8534270

What is the best way to sell a timeshare?

Category: Real Estate Law
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.

RayAnswers :

Thanks for your question and good afternoon.There are several options.

RayAnswers :

The first is to use a BBB rated A+ reseller..The BBB looks at many things like tim ein business, number of transactions, complaints, etc.

RayAnswers :

Give me a minute will get you an example.

RayAnswers :

An example..

RayAnswers :

The other options here are timeshare donation--you donate it to them and at least you are out from under the maintenance fees.

RayAnswers :

Here are some of those..

RayAnswers :

Finally many folks use Ebay as a do it yourself means to resell it.

RayAnswers :

Your first step here is to contact the timeshare and ask about procedures and fees associated with a resale at that timeshare, then you will know what fees and documents needed for a closing especially if you resell it yourself.

RayAnswers :

Reference.

RayAnswers :

Here are their current listings.

RayAnswers :

More resellers remember to cross check against BBB ratings.

RayAnswers :

Anyone selling or reselling a timeshare professionally has to have a real estate license in Florida so that offers you additional protection.You can check their licensure status here.

RayAnswers :

You may contact the Department of Business and Professional Regulation, Division of Florida Land Sales, Condominiums, and Mobile Homes, Bureau of Timeshares at(NNN) NNN-NNNNfor additional information.

RayAnswers :

That way you know whether they are licensed and in good standing in Florida befoer you sign up with them to resell as well as checking their BBB rating.

RayAnswers :

I appreciate the chance to provide you the information you asked for.Please let me know if you have more follow up.Thanks again.

RayAnswers :

Summary: Three options here are a BBB A+ rated reseller in good standing , Ebay , or timeshare donation through donateacause or others.

RayAnswers :

I hope that you will be so kind as to leave a positive rating. If you do have any additional questions about my answer please click the "Continue Conversation Link" so I can provide you with a fully satisfactory answer. Please be aware that any rating of 1 or 2 is reflected as a negative rating and I receive no credit for my answers.

This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship.Information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information.

Ray, Lawyer
Experience: Texas Attorney for 29 years dealing in real estate
Expert:  Ray replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.